Explore Asia with Trellis
Volunteer. Work Abroad. Expand your Horizons.
Trellis wants to provide you with an experience like no other.
Our specialized international program is designed to introduce you to the basics of teaching English as a foreign language in the most enjoyable, productive, and socially-sustainable way possible.
Trellis’ Volunteer and Work Experience Program
Trellis aims to provide you with the most productive and immersive volunteer program currently available.
Come volunteer with us in Vietnam during our 12-week Volunteer and Work Experience Program. Teach English to children and young adults in a safe and structured classroom environment while you develop your skills as a foreign language educator. Secure a job as an English teacher in Japan or Vietnam.
Here’s all our program has to offer:
- Logistical support before, during, and after your arrival in Vietnam
- Structured and robust training methods to prepare you for your time as an English Language Teacher (lesson planning, classroom control, games & activities, and more)
- A minimum of 150 hours of in-classroom teaching experience
- Small class sizes of between 6 and 8 students. This will allow you to better transition into a classroom environment and enhance your student’s learning potential by ensuring more one-on-one time with instructors and more opportunity for addressing a student’s individual needs.
- Complimentary accommodations
- Complimentary orientation and airport pickup
- Daily transportation to and from your work site
- Comprehensive pre-departure informational package
- Immersion in the beautiful country and culture of Vietnam
- Job placement opportunities upon completion of our volunteer program
Volunteer Program Details
- Location: Da Nang, Vietnam
- Program Dates: September 1st, 2017 – December 1st, 2017*
- Class Size: 6-8 students
- Student Ages: 5 – 18 years old
- Your Role: English Teacher
- Teaching Hours: Approximately 3-4 hours per day
- Duration: 3 months
- 2 weeks of orientation/training
- 10 weeks of in-classroom teaching
Volunteer Program Requirements
- Must possess or be pursuing a valid university degree
- Must be willing to dedicate a minimum of three months to Trellis’ English Teaching Volunteer Program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must consent to a criminal background check
- Must be in good mental and physical health
- Must be comfortable and confident living and working in a foreign country
- Previous teaching, traveling, or volunteer experience is helpful but not necessary
- In order to teach in Japan you must be a citizen of a country which lists ‘English’ as an official language OR be a citizen of a country which meets Japan’s Working Holiday Visa requirements (Austria, Denmark, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, South Korea, New Zealand, Norway, Taiwan, Hong Kong (SAR), Ireland, Slovakia, Poland, Portugal, and the United Kingdom).
The total cost of Trellis’ 3-month English Teaching Volunteer Program is $1,800 USD. A $200 non-refundable deposit is required upon registration. 100% of your program fees go directly towards maintaining and expanding our non-profit educational initiatives.
*Scholarships are available for outstanding applicants.
This program fee includes:
- Support before, during, and after your arrival in Vietnam
- Accommodation in our volunteer housing
- Training and orientation
- Airport pickup
- Pre-departure informational package
- Certificate of completion
- Job placement opportunities
This program fee does not include:
- Flights to and from Vietnam
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Criminal background check
- Additional in-country trips and tours
- Spending Money (food allowance, souvenirs, additional transportation, etc.)
*Program end dates are flexible